Things I love about Walt’s:
1. It’s literally across the street from my favorite 6:30pm Tuesday night candlelight power yoga class at Family Tree Yoga.
2. The market is full of super fresh, reasonably priced choices.
3. There’s pretty much always a place to sit in their outdoor section- which is open and airy. Even though it’s view is of a parking lot, it still somehow feels sort of beachy, and there is often live acoustic music.
4. Huge cups of ice cold water. (Too bad they are in environmentally unfriendly styrofoam)
5. A reasonably priced menu with tons of options that sound appealing.
6. The yummy, complimentary, smoked mullet starter they bring with loads of saltines.
7. Their blue cheese dressing is AMAZING. Huge chunks of cheese and seriously just so so so so good.
Things I don’t really love about Walt’s:
1. The food is so- so. Although everything is fresh, it’s boring and uncreative. They love to fry stuff and/or drown it in unnecessary amounts of butter and oil. The salads are mostly comprised of iceberg lettuce (boo). The veggies on the side are usually overcooked and mushy, and again, just boring boring boring. I wish they would get a little creative with what they offer, but the couple of times I’ve been there, I’ve ended up feeling like I really should have just bought seafood in their market and taken it home to cook it myself.
2. The waitstaff, though they are friendly, are super slow. It is not a place I advise dining at if you’re in a hurry.
3. Even though the prices seem fair at first glance, it still ends up costing more than it should in the end.
The moral of the story is that I have been there twice, and kind of doubt I’ll go again. If I do, it will just be for the market, which really does have some seafood worth buying. I will learn my lesson this time and next time will be my own chef.